Monday, January 11, 2010

MRI machines are loud

On Friday I left work a bit early so that I could go to the emergency room. I was numb on the whole right side of my body. Very odd but not very scary...until I called my sister who freaked out and told me to go to the ER asap. Then I got scared. What if it was something like a stroke? Anthony came to get me and we went over to the hospital. We were there for about 6 hours in which time I had blood tests, and an MRI to see what was causing this. Long story short: No idea. My blood tests were good and my brain looked fine. Sure it is a relief but it is an expensive relief. Now I have to call the neurologist and have a follow up visit. My guess: my migraines are causing it. Migraines are after all somewhat mysterious. Who knows? Through all the craziness though, I am glad to have a husband that will sit with me for six hours and make me laugh even though he hates hospitals. I felt so much better when I was with him. It wasn't really in our plans of course, we were going to go to dinner and a movie, but sometimes life forces us to be flexible. We still went to dinner. Plus I have never laughed so much in the hospital as I laughed with him.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Rose, I hope the doctors can figure it out and help you get better ASAP. Get a few blessings, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Natalia! I did. I am so grateful for the priesthood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the ER. I'm sorry about that - golly, you didn't tell me you'd had an ER visit! I'm so glad Anthony is taking care of you. I also hate when I spend hours in the ER and pay a bunch of money and they still don't know what's wrong with me... grrr... Oh, well. Doing their best, I guess.

    ReplyDelete