Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Spiritual Dates

Anthony and I have decided that Family Home evening is like having a spiritual date for us right now. I love it! He had the good idea to keep a fhe journal and write down the things that we learned a resources we used on our spiritual adventures. We will be able to look back and see the things that we have studied together. It is working out really well so far. In addition to the lesson material we write down a family goal for the week that we will talk about the next week and follow up on it. I am so happy to be getting into this habit before we have children. I know that our home will be a happier place as long as we continue to do this.

Last night our activity after Family home evening was to play Settlers of Catan (which we got ourselves for Christmas) and we discovered how competitive we both are. I was so close to winning and at the last minute Anthony took all my wood cards, built 4 roads, and stole my longest road card giving him two more victory points for the win. I was so upset I starting throwing our laundry at him. (I was playing of course :) Then we got in a "battle" about who was the most competitive. It was pretty funny. This morning I told him that I am determined to loose the battle and be the least competitive. I thought it was a good plan until he pointed out that I was being competitive about not being competitive. Hmph. I guess I can't win.

No comments:

Post a Comment