Wednesday, December 23, 2009

First Christmas

Since Anthony and I didn't start dating until June and got married that next November, we haven't had a Christmas as a couple yet. Well, now Christmas is day after tomorrow and I am trying hard to apply some of the wisdom that I recently learned. You see, I want everything to be perfect. I wanted to get Anthony the perfect gifts, have my presents all wrapped, get cute things for his stocking, have an immaculate apartment with no more boxes to unpack, I wanted to have presents under the tree weeks ago. I also wanted to be in perfect health and have lots of energy for both families as well as our new little family. Sometimes things don't go the way you had planned. As it is none of my present are wrapped. In fact they aren't even all in the same house. Two of them are also going to have to wait until after Christmas. Sad. Are house still isn't all the way unpacked and I have a cold. As for present under the tree, there are three, one for his sister one for his dad, and one for Grandma, all not wrapped. Wow. Now for the lesson that I am trying to apply. When we had our reception I was so worried that it wasn't ready, things weren't going to go right, or no one was going to come. Well, in this case, I was right in some cases. We forgot napkins, our punch was orange instead of yellow, my dress was dirty, I paid $400 for a cake no one ate...the list goes one. BUT it was wonderful! I know that as the years go by all of those things that didn't quite get done or cost us more than we anticipated will fade and become completely unimportant if not invisible. On the other hand the feelings that I had and the joy that I felt will not fade. I think feelings stick more than things. That will be the way this Christmas is too! I can't be stressed or that will be what I remember. I will just let myself feel the joy!

1 comment:

  1. I love this Rose! It's what I needed to hear. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in little things and worry and fret and get upset when things go wrong, but I'm working on it! This is a good reminder of what I should really be thankful for, and the memories that will really matter in 5, 10 years. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete