I haven't written in a while and although I daresay no one has missed my in the blogosphere, I have missed the bogosphere. So there. I should write more often. It helps me put things into perspective.
Since I last wrote I have turned 22, taking a wonderful vacation to St. George and Zions with my wonderful Anthony, and oh yeah, got called to be the Young Woman's president in my ward. Yikes! Well, at least about the last one, but lets take things one day at a time.
22 feels like 21. Hmmmm That was exciting.
Now the more interesting stuff. Anthony decided that for my birthday he would take me down to St. George and Zions National park over Memorial day weekend! We ate at some great restaurants, went to the St. George temple, watched movies, played games, hiked in Zions, WENT HORSEBACK RIDING (I can still feel that one!), and went swimming. It was so fun. I am so lucky to have Anthony. One recommendation from our trip though, USE SUNSCREEN! You might be in extreme pain if you neglect this essential item! I am a witness!
About being a Young Woman's president. I was the last one in the world that thought I would be called to such a position being so young. I couldn't believe it when the bishop told me. In some ways I still don't understand what I am going to be able to do for the girls in this ward but I do know that the Lord has called me and so I will do my best. I am sure that I will offend someone along the way but I have faith that Heavenly Father can even make my dumb mistakes better. Thank goodness for that.
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Whoah, Young Women's president? That will be a bit of a challenge but definitely an adventure. But I'm sure you'll do an awesome job.
ReplyDeleteWow, what a daunting task! But if anyone is up for that at 22, you are.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun trip out to St. George. You and Anthony will need to come down to Austin sometime soon!
Oh my Rose! That's quite the calling. I just got released from being the Beehive Advisor and it was honestly one of the most time consuming callings I've ever had! Good luck! I'm glad you had fun on your trip - you deserve it! :)
ReplyDelete