Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Happy and Scared (Sappy?)

It is amazing how somethings sneak up on you and change all of your plans. Apparently health is something that can do that really well. These past few months have been the best of my life. After all, I did get married to my favorite person! However, they have also been the hardest. I have had to deal with headaches basically everyday and with migraines every few days. Turns out that after all of the poking, prodding, and testing that I have a hole in my heart. Ta Da! I had an EKG done on Monday (more poking and prodding) and they called yesterday with the results. It was a hard and a relieving moment when I heard what had been found. Relieving because maybe it will fix my head BUT on the other hand it might not. There is no guarantee that sealing the hole will improve my headaches. The other downside obviously being surgery. After crying and allowing myself to be scared a little I feel like there may be a light at the end of the tunnel. The problem is I don't want to hope too much. What if it really doesn't fix anything? What if I still have all the pain on top of the medical bills?

2 comments:

  1. Even if it doesn't fully fix the headache problem, it might fix something in time to prevent a bigger problem down the road. When's the surgery?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure when the surgery will be. I have a consultation with the cardiologist next Wednesday to go over everything. We will now for sure then. Thanks for your support Natalia. I am sure that it will be worth it one way or the other. It would just be really nice if my headaches were gone too! :)

    ReplyDelete